I WILL stay strong, Stephen.I believe I've mentioned before that I have the coolest husband ever. He has a history of obtaining autographs for me from people I admire and respect. This latest addition to the collection was meant to be a Christmas gift, but Mr. Colbert was running a little behind schedule. (I'll forgive you, Stephen.)
For those of you who might not be familiar with Stephen Colbert (I can't imagine who doesn't know and love Mr. Colbert, but I suppose I'll entertain the possibility that you exist), he is the host of The Colbert Report on Comedy Central. As much as I love The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, I've come to love The Colbert Report even more. Mr. Colbert is insightful, thought-provoking, and hilarious. In fact, what I consider to be the funniest moment of television ever was perpetrated by Mr. Colbert back in his Daily Show days. And his address at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner had me laughing until I cried.
Now I need to get a nice frame for this gem so I can hang it above the mantel -- those pictures of the twins will just have to go into storage, I guess.
(Many thanks to Jules and Peter for helping Airan obtain this treasure!)
9 comments:
Enlarge it and hang it over your bed! That's what I would do! Though... that might not be the best way to thank your very nice husband.
(Although the Colbert Report is fabulous, I have never laughed so hard as I did when I finally rented all three seasons of Strangers with Candy.)
How exciting! :)
that is utterly cool!!
What a thoughtful gift--I love it when he finds something a little different that he thinks I'd like (the husband that is). Nothing more romantic than the perfect gift.
Good job Airan! That's cool Kel. I watched the Dukes of Hazzard thing and laughed my butt off. I never saw that one.
Waaaay cool.
Very cool. The Dukes segment was great. I don;t get to watch him too much (It would cause a little too much domestic dis harmony) but he is a talented satirist.
Finished Last, just tell your family you're researching the other side, finding out what the enemy has to say. And try not to laugh too hard.
That is just all kinds of awesome! I am in awe.
Post a Comment