Sunday, April 01, 2007

Weekend Recap

Friends Dave and Mandy were in town for the weekend, which was great fun. I've known Dave since kindergarten, and it's always nice to catch up with him and his lovely wife. On Friday, they were kind enough to indulge me by coming to my choir concert and claiming to enjoy it. Saturday was spent walking the beach and enjoying some delicious Ethiopian food (Dave knows his stuff). And Sunday, we walked the beach some more and brunched at the Heartland Cafe before Dave and Mandy had to catch their train. Highlights:
  • Dave was able to successfully identify the autograph on my super-awesome saltcellar.
  • Dave and Mandy sampled two contenders for the "Best Pizza in Chicago" title: Giordano's (boo!) and Pequod's (yay!). No final pronouncement of preference was given.
  • The sofa bed, in a Sarlacc Pit-like moment, nearly swallowed Sophia whole.
  • Dave discovered the joys of walking Pepper, a.k.a. "Demon Dog."
Good times.

4 comments:

What Dreams said...

Dave looks good. I remember the skinny, long-legged little boy who used to ride his bike around the sub-division, and I remember the Christmas Carole groups you all played in in high school.
Glad you had a good week-end.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I miss Dave and Mandy. I hope everything is great for them.
-Heather

Rug's Bug said...

Dave hasn't changed much..... Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Pop pop said...

Just wondering - did they stay at Howard Johnsons?