Check out these astonishing numbers over at Donklephant concerning the Global Rich List.
A taste of the numbers: If you make $40,000 a year, there are 6,411,789,392 people in the world poorer than you. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling pretty fortunate right about now.
How many of us think of ourselves as being among the monied elite?
7 comments:
No, I don't. But I do consider myself lucky. I have a nice house and even though I pretty much live on the edge financially, I don't go hungry and I have a lot of "things" I probably don't need. Someday I want to be better at it all...
I know that I am very lucky right now. Our house is a perfect fit for us and we have two cars. I never take my opportunities for granted.
Not elite by any means, but lucky, damn right.
Right now our income is comfortable, but that could change at any minute, and now we're just a few years away from retirement.
It's all pretty scary.
perspective is a funny thing, isn't it?
just the fact that i have a weekly paycheck, a roof over my head, and a crazy selection of random foods in my refrigerator makes me realize how fortunate i am.
I've been Rich all my life and I can honestly say it ain't all it's cracked up to be.
That was great Pop pop!
Post a Comment