Sad news: Robert Jordan (aka James Oliver Rigney) passed away yesterday. I know this has been pretty well covered by other bloggers, but I just wanted to mention it here.
I've been a devoted fan of the Wheel of Time series since I was 15. Mr. Rigney had been gravely ill, and his passing, while extremely sad, was not a surprise. Yes, I've made some cavalier comments about how he damn-well better finish the final book in the series before he kicks off because I need closure. However, now that the event has come to pass, I find that I'm just sad for his family, sad for his widow, sad that such a talented (and by all accounts good) man is no longer with us. My thoughts are with his family, as are those of his huge legions of devoted fans.
Rest in peace, Mr. Rigney.
3 comments:
Wow. Again, this is the first I had heard of it. I remember your affection for the books. You were not alone in that. I used to sell quite a few at the bookstore back in the day.
Grrr...
My condolences to you and Martin and all of his zillion other fans.
Post a Comment