Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Rainy Day, A Cozy Chair, and Thee

Another fun weekend assignment from Mr. John Scalzi: Here is my towering stack of books TBR, in no particular order. It's missing a few volumes, but these were all I could carry.

Most of these were gifts for my recent birthday, and last Christmas, and probably the birthday before that ... Well, I don't have a ton of time for reading these days. But I will catch up! I will! Maybe when the twins go to kindergarten.

There was a time when I logged no less than a book a month in my book log, usually several more. Now I'm lucky to get through two books a year. If I'd known birthing twins would have such a devastating effect on my reading habits, I'd have thought twice.

5 comments:

What Dreams said...

Send 'em back!
The girls, not the books.

Nanette said...

I hear you!

Now, if I could only dump my internet addiction, I might find the time to read books again.

Ann-Marie said...

my tbr pile is about one third the size of yours, and i'm having a hard enough time getting through those.

best of luck!

Heather said...

Good luck!

for a different kind of girl said...

In my bag now are two books I brought home from work. They mock the stack of books on my shelves, thinking they're gonna get read first. Alas, here I am, on the internet.

Trust me. The "kids in school thing"? Yeah. Not the solution. Nor is actually working in a bookstore.

(btw, I'm raising my hand about reading that Wil Wheaton book....)