Friday, September 07, 2007

A Sad Day

Madeleine L’Engle, Children’s Writer, Is Dead at 88

4 comments:

Rug's Bug said...

Wow. This is the first I heard of it. I will never forget your various attempts at getting me to read her books when we were in middle school.

What Dreams said...

I loved "A Wrinkle in Time." I must have read it 10 or 12 times, and I always found something I'd missed before.
I credit her books with opening children's minds to all the possibilities in the universe without creating a generation who falls for every UFO story.
My thoughts are with her family right now.
I'm planning on re-reading "A Wrinkle in Time" and RB, I suggest you do the same. Your boys would love it.

Shannon said...

She was one of my favorites.

Heather said...

I just heard about her death today.I found her books so approachable as a young'un. I honestly didn't realize that she was still alive.