It would always tick me off that the smoker's were off whenever taking a break--what about me?, can't I have a coke break whenever I want? Equal rights for us caffeine suckers!
I wonder if they have ever studied the impact of hiring Gamers...or friends, for that matter. Smoking breaks--unfair. Boggle breaks? Smoking after boggle...
My dad says the only ones in the restaurant business and Nursing that ever get a break are the smokers. He started smoking cigars just to get a break with the rest of them. Luckily he quit before I was born.
I guess I'm lucky because people can't smoke near my workplace. There are a few teachers that smoke and cannot be found during their plan time. In fact, I sometimes forget that there are people who still smoke. I do a double-take when I see someone smoking.
Since I worked in nursing and hospitals have been smoke-free since the early eighties,I understand. You are stuck with your work and their's while they were the only ones who got a break. Made for bad feelings.
I grew up smoking. I never smoked, but both my parents did. My parents were great, hard working people and I'm sure an asset to their employers, but I wish they hadn't smoked. When I started working, I was a non-smoker in a smoking office. It was miserable. It may be irritating that smokers takes breaks, but at least they're not blowing there second hand smoke at you.
9 comments:
It would always tick me off that the smoker's were off whenever taking a break--what about me?, can't I have a coke break whenever I want? Equal rights for us caffeine suckers!
i've been known to take a break for a few minutes just to refresh myself, and i don't smoke.
hey, look, i'm doing it now! ;)
I'm with ya, . Smoking is one of those things that I have a hard time even being nice about.
I wonder if they have ever studied the impact of hiring Gamers...or friends, for that matter. Smoking breaks--unfair. Boggle breaks? Smoking after boggle...
people who blog at work are probably the most irritated by the fact that they have to pick up the slack while the smokers are huddled outside.
My dad says the only ones in the restaurant business and Nursing that ever get a break are the smokers. He started smoking cigars just to get a break with the rest of them. Luckily he quit before I was born.
I guess I'm lucky because people can't smoke near my workplace. There are a few teachers that smoke and cannot be found during their plan time. In fact, I sometimes forget that there are people who still smoke. I do a double-take when I see someone smoking.
Since I worked in nursing and hospitals have been smoke-free since the early eighties,I understand. You are stuck with your work and their's while they were the only ones who got a break. Made for bad feelings.
I grew up smoking. I never smoked, but both my parents did. My parents were great, hard working people and I'm sure an asset to their employers, but I wish they hadn't smoked.
When I started working, I was a non-smoker in a smoking office. It was miserable.
It may be irritating that smokers takes breaks, but at least they're not blowing there second hand smoke at you.
Post a Comment