Ah! I heard this story tonight on the national news while I was flitting through the house, and I actually thought, "Damn ('cause it's good to *want* to be kinda holy and yet still bust the curse words here and there, I think), if Terri there doubted her faith, I shouldn't feel so freakin' bad, eh?"
I think it's more powerful to continue to do wonderful things when you have doubts. It takes courage and strength to do what she did. Just for that, she deserves to be canonized.
The woman would have to have been an idiot to see all the pain and suffering she did and not doubt the existence of God. "There is more faith in honest doubt . . . " to mis-quote somebody smarter than I am. She was human and she made mistakes. The real heroes are the ones who press on in spite of their fears and their flaws and try to make a difference, even if they don't always get it right.
8 comments:
Ah! I heard this story tonight on the national news while I was flitting through the house, and I actually thought, "Damn ('cause it's good to *want* to be kinda holy and yet still bust the curse words here and there, I think), if Terri there doubted her faith, I shouldn't feel so freakin' bad, eh?"
Then I went about my merry, doubting ways...
I think it's more powerful to continue to do wonderful things when you have doubts. It takes courage and strength to do what she did. Just for that, she deserves to be canonized.
Thank you for this article.
The woman would have to have been an idiot to see all the pain and suffering she did and not doubt the existence of God.
"There is more faith in honest doubt . . . " to mis-quote somebody smarter than I am.
She was human and she made mistakes. The real heroes are the ones who press on in spite of their fears and their flaws and try to make a difference, even if they don't always get it right.
Wow! Thanks for that Kelly.
Isn't this fascinating?
Well, J. H. C.!!!
Funny...I was going to forward this Time mag article to you tonight! Quite interesting.
Post a Comment