Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dennis4President

I've been struggling to find a Democratic candidate for president who I can support. When it comes to the front-runners, I don't like any of 'em. You have to go pretty deep in the field before you find candidates who seem to be truthful, honest, upstanding people with smart ideas about how this country should be run (which says some pretty sad things about our democratic process). Once such candidate is Dennis Kucinich. I don't think Kucinich has much of a shot at even making it to the top three, which is a tragedy. He has a lot of great positions about withdrawing from Iraq, access to health care, legalizing gay marriage, and abolishing nuclear weapons. Even if he isn't a viable contender, I think we need to be listening to what Dennis has to say. Dad, you're right -- Kucinich seems to be the only candidate who's telling the truth.

See for yourself.


4 comments:

What Dreams said...

Kusinich is the only candidate who tries to steer the debate BACK to the ISSUES. Every other candiate, Democractic and Republican alike, change the subject when they are asked to discuss the issues and their plans for change. They actually reduce the discussion to hurling personal insults at one another.
I'm with you and Dad on Dennis.

Pop pop said...

Thank you, Kel, for this post. I've been watching the Kucinich campaign for a while and have been struck by his candid honesty. While others continually dodge the issues so very important to our country, like it or not, Dennis speaks his mind - and I for one, agree with him. Whether it's a flag burning amendment, Roe v. Wade, or a ban on gay marriage, he makes his position very clear. How refreshing! Anyone who watched the president's speech at the VFW (and agrees with his justification for war) should watch the documentary The Fog of War, narrated by former defense secretary Robert McNamara. I wonder how many people realize that not only was it the USA that is the only nation to use nuclear weapons in time of war but that it was completely unnecessary! Don't believe me? Please watch The Fog of War. You'll be shocked, saddened and dismayed. Peace.

Heather said...

I'm still gathering info. Luckily we have time to see how things shake down. Kelly, I thought you were an Obama supporter. I guess we haven't talked about this in a while. I'm trying to reserve my opinion until next Spring when everything starts to hit the fan.

Anonymous said...

I liked him last time he ran too, but he doesn't have a prayer. I will vote for the democrate only. We need a change. Too bad Al Gore is not running.