Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Recap

Yikes. These kids keep us hopping. My weekend, in abbreviated form:

Saturday:
* Physical therapy for the girls.
* Choir rehearsal for me. (Concerts are coming up soon -- order your tickets now!)
* Trip to the vet to pick up antibiotics for Pepper, who has E. coli in her bladder.
* Monthly family trek to Costco -- always fun for the kids AND the wallet.
* Much wrangling of screaming girls.
* Corned beef and cabbage for dinner, in observation of the holiday.

Sunday:
*
Visit to the Shedd Aquarium, where Evelyn screamed pretty much non-stop, even when she was getting exactly what she wanted. (She did take a break from the screaming so she and Sophia could sing whale songs at the belugas.)
* No nap whatsoever for an extremely exhausted Evelyn.
* Much wrangling of screaming girls.
* And then Evelyn did a thing I've never seen before. During dinner (leftover corned beef), she went straight from crying to asleep, with no transition. One moment, she was screaming, and the next, her eyes rolled up, her head fell back, and she was fast asleep in her booster chair. Kind of creepy, actually. And now we realize that her scream-fest at the aquarium wasn't just because she was grumpy: this kid is sick. And Sophia is coming down with it, too. So it looks like we're in for another fun week. Blogosphere, remember me with pity, and be glad you're not home alone with toddler twin girls who are giving you fits. (Except you, Shannon -- it is comforting to know you share my pain!)

In case I don't have a chance to mention it later, I'd better tell you now: The Chicago Chamber Choir will be performing live on WFMT's Impromptu program Thursday afternoon, sometime between 4:00 and 5:00. For those of you in Chicagoland, WFMT is 98.7 on your FM dial. And for the rest of you, the good news is that WFMT does have live streaming through its web site. The bad news is that you have to pay $65 (minimum) to access it. So you out-of-towners are off the hook on this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The screaming in the aquarium brought back vivid memories of similar outings. Now the source of those memories is getting ready to graduate in 10 weeks. Doesn't seem possible. I do hope your little ones are feeling better soon and you get a smidgen of relief.

airanw said...

Mom forgot to mention that Sophie is getting up at 5am every morning now to watch tv. Seriously, that girl just doesn't need sleep apparently.

Kerri said...

Oh good God. You poor things. I'm sorry. 5 am AND no naps AND general grumpiness? Maybe Mom and Dad should consider rolling up your eyes and falling asleep at the dinner table just to get a little well-deserved break. I'm sure the girls would be fine.

I hope the kids feel better soon.

Rug's Bug said...

Are you going to pay for the psychiatrist bills you are incurring for me to remember these little gems of motherhood?

At least now when my kids wake up at 5 a.m. to watch TV they know how to turn it on themselves and they know not to wake up mom. Now if I could just teach them how to make coffee.

Nanette said...

Ack! I'm sorry about the sickness and lack of sleep. :(