Sunday, March 25, 2007

Let Us Move

[commence shameless plug]

The Chicago Chamber Choir had the first performance of our spring concert series this afternoon. If I do say so myself, it was a mighty fine concert, and the house was packed -- a rare thing for a concert of choral music on a fine spring day. The songs on the program, music of 18th- and 19th-century America, were inspiring and moving, and we in the choir performed them reasonably well, if I may be permitted to proclaim such a thing.

The good news is that y'all have two more chances to see us sing these great tunes. This coming Friday evening, we'll be in Lincoln Park at St. Pauls United Church of Christ. And Sunday, April 15, we'll be singing in the Maddox Theatre at Rockford College, for those of you out westward. I strive to avoid the whole arm-twisting, come-to-my-concerts-or-I'll-cry-forever business, so I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone here. I just want you to know that this is a great concert, and if you miss it, I'll probably cry forever.

3 comments:

Rug's Bug said...

I'm assuming I'm more westward than you were going for. But I'm really glad that it all went well. May the next two be just as rousing and well performed!

Kerri said...

Yay, Kel! I wish I could make this one. The music selection sound great.

What Dreams said...

I would dearly love to come to your concert, especially after the conversation we had yesterday.
Remember all your happy memories of Grandma Jean the next time you sing "Gentle Annie."