So on top of everything else, we had an incident yesterday: Sophia caught the rough side of Pepper's paw. With her eye. Well, her eyelid, actually. But it was a close thing. It was an accident, of course -- Pepper intended to gouge out the eye of a strange dog who was passing by, and Sophia just got caught in the crossfire. Pepper seems to understand that she did something very, very wrong; she's been quite contrite indeed ever since it happened.
What with the late evening trip to the doctor's office, the midnight dose of eye drops, and the normal mayhem that wears these kids out, I have high hopes that we'll get some real naps today. Call me an optimist.


7 comments:
So sorry, poor thing.
Oh dear! I am so sorry you are having such a time lately. It sounds like they just can't get the sleep thing down with out the pacifiers. It just has to get better. It will. It will!
And, you...well, you need a vacation. Ask Uncle David to come over and have Airan take you out to dinner!
Perhaps Sophie and Pepper simply worked it out earlier as an homage to Lisa Lopez. I shall call Sophia "Left Eye" from now on to show them their efforts weren't in vain.
Thank God it wasn't worse. Or -- as I tend to think these days -- Thank the Gods it wasn't worse. Darn BSG!
Kiss Left Eye and her sister for me.
It makes me sad to see that pretty blue eye sore.
Hope she gets over the scratch and the cold soon.
Hope you don't catch the cold.
I can tell you from experience it's no fun being sick when you have a sick baby (or two).
Love
Grandma Joan
Damn, when it rains.....
Sorry. :(
Haha @ kerri!
Yeah, call me a delusional optimist on crack. Maybe I need to just get used to the idea that naps are gone forever.
Oh, honey, for your sake, I hope that naps aren't totally over yet! It seems so soon! Or that's just my lingering desire to still have them around here raising it's voice. Seriously, I keep telling these boys they should *want* naps because soon, they'll be old and crabby like me and then they'll be sorry when they go around muttering the word "nap" all the time!
Hope Sophia gets to feeling better soon. I enjoyed the pleasure of a dog scratch to the eye - not just once, mind you, but two different times, because I'm obviously a glutton for pain. I winced as soon as I started reading this post!
Positive vibes your way...
Post a Comment