The twins and I had lunch today with most of the Game Day gang: Joanna, Julie, Kerri (and Libby), and Mary Beth (and Nora and Owen). Jill, you were missed! We took up a wide swath at our local Corner Bakery. A good time was had by all, with the possible exception of the kids, and perhaps the people at nearby tables who had to listen to Sophie and Evie melt down when they'd had enough already. Evie and Sophie wanted to run rampant through the establishment, while Nora and Owen were more interested in investigating the underside of our table. Miss Libby was the only one of the 2-and-under set who was perfectly satisfied with her lot -- and here Kerri claims she'd been crabby earlier in the day. Who does Kerri think she's fooling? We all know Libby is a perfect angel. (Of course, she's the one kid I didn't get a picture of today. I should never be trusted with photo duty.)
We got together today because it was our last chance to have lunch with Jo before she leaves the country for an undetermined amount of time. She and Tom are adopting the adorable Alejandro, and Jo will be serving as Alejandro's foster mother until the adoption is final and they can both come home -- we all hope that day will come soon!We're all going to miss you so much, Jo! Hurry home, and give Alejandro lots of kisses for us. We can't wait to meet him!
5 comments:
Aw...that's so sweet. You made me cry, Kelly.
(Nora and Libby: you'd better get your parents to make some grand gesture soon. Greeks love a good dowry! Those flirts Evie and Sophie and just made a bold, calculated move for the little guy. Top that!)
Alejandro is ADORABLE!
Those big brown eyes are heart melters.
I hope we get to meet him too.
Alejandro is beautiful. I love the eyes too. I hope everything goes smooth and quickly.
P.S. Kelly, made the cajun chili. Let's just say I should have doubled the recipe. There was nothing left in the pan. I had 3 men looking at me for more. Boy #3 ate it, but didn't need seconds.
That sounds like fun!
Here's hoping the adoption process goes smooth for your friends!
RB, Rachael Ray's ideas about portions are always a little off. Sometimes what she says serves six would feed masses of Biblical proportions, while other times those same "six" servings barely feed my small family. We did okay with the chili recipe, but there fewer of us to feed. Sorry to hear it left your menfolk hungry!
Post a Comment