Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking and baking enough food for an army, even though it's usually just Airan, David, and me (and now the girls). I can hardly wait for this year's festivities. Here's how the menu is shaping up:
Smoked turkey breast
Cornbread/sausage/sage stuffing
Turkey gravy
Cranberry dipping sauce (For the turkey! Strange, I know. This is a new one for us.)
Parker House rolls
Garlic mashed potatoes
Garlic-roasted asparagus
Sweet potato pudding
Avocado-pear sorbet (Our traditional palate cleanser -- don't knock it 'til you try it!)
Peppermint ice cream pie
Don't you all wish you were coming to our place for T-Day?
8 comments:
Yes...Kelly & Airan we do wish we could e there with you! We have been invited to the Granberg-Michaelson home for dinner with the Granberg side of the family. The kind of affair where everyone brings a favorite recipe in a pre-assigned category. Always good and Oh so much to eat! Hope o have a great day. Love you very much!
I just unpacked all of the pretty china. The turkey is in the refrigerator unthawing. Finalizing the grocery list. Thank god it's at a payne's house this year. One less thing for me to worry about. P.S. Where's the corn? (wink)
A word to the wise. 2 tablespoons salt CANNOT BE REPLACED by 2 cups of salt. Don't ask how Kelly, David, and I know this...I certainly have no idea how that kind of thing could've, I mean can, happen.
YES, that looks amazing! I wish I had some kind of super-housewife tip for the salt issue...
Have a wonderful holiday.
ps. Whoever thought that mentioning cloth diapering to a mother of preemie twins was at all acceptable was the CUH-RAZY one!
That strange woman who shows up and starts eating at your house...yeah, that's going to be me. Don't mind me. I'll make pleasant conversation and help with the clean-up afterwards!
You forgot to post the recipe for peppermint ice cream pie.
Is that the yummie stuff we had at your apartment in Greeley?
Everything else sounds great except for the sorbet. You'll have to make it for Christmas dinner so we can see what all the shouting's about.
YES!!!!!!
Sounds delicious...I'll be there by, say 3ish!
Okay, so maybe you don't have to serve corn but what's with your mothers thing about HAM on TURKEY day? I'm somewhat jealous.
Post a Comment