First stop: the beach. It was so nice and warm out, I ended up abandoning my coat along the way. Pepper had a lovely time chasing squirrels, and the girls were seriously irritated with all that sunlight in their eyes. Next stop: Airan's place of work. We met up with Daddy for quick lunch between meetings at his downtown office building. Off to Millennium Park for a gander at The Bean (a.k.a. Cloud Gate):

This unusual piece of art draws lots of sightseers and photographers, including us.
We also visited the park's strange video wall, but we deemed it to be too disturbing for photographs.
Next, we gawked at the park's strange outdoor concert hall, designed by Frank Gehry:
And then certain people needed to get home for a nap.




9 comments:
The Cloud Gatherer looks more like a giant Jelly-Belly. What flavor? I'm not sure. Maybe it's one of Bertie Bott's Every-Flavor Beans. (Is chrome a flavor?)
How fun! We didn't make it outside today, so I'm glad to live vicariously through you.
It was a beautiful Iowa day today, too, but tomorrow? Yeah, we're so getting jacked by snow!
Looks like you had a wonderful November day. The most I ever saw of Chicago? A hotel conference room. Thrilling. I wanna see the bean!
I can't believe you made those girls miss out on the last warm day so you could head home for a nap ;)
I want to come to Chicago and photograph the bean, how does this weekend sound? :)
Beautiful!
When do I get to visit the Gate? :-(
Hi, I hope you don't mind my commenting in your blog. I'm a journalism student at Columbia College of Chicago. I'm taking an investigative reporting class this semester, and we're all working on a project about the aldermen and potential nepotism. I have to interview at least two "average" people (i.e. not gov't employees or advocates) about their opinions about nepotism in the city council. Specifically aldermen hiring their relatives or the relatives of other aldermen in reciprocation (I'll hire your brother if you hire my daughter type thing) Is it wrong? Why? Do you not have a problem with it? Why? That kind of thing.
The only thing is my prof is requiring me to do phone or in person interview, so you can't just reply to this. If any of you wouldn't mind being interviewed (you might be quoted in the resulting story, although my prof is allowing us to possibly use anonymous sources with bloggers), please email me at jlpearce at gmail dot com with your phone number and I'll call you for a quick interview.
Thanks so much!
Jess Pearce
The Jelly-Belly Mirror is impossible to resist, isn't it?
I love your blog, by the way.
Thanks, Chess! The feeling is mutual.
Post a Comment