Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lunching Gamers

The Gamers gathered for lunch yesterday to celebrate Jill's last day of employment at PIL, where we all met and first started our long association and shared love of board games, hot dogs, cheesy balls of love, Matt Howie, and Harry Morgan.

Julie, Jill (holding Libby), Mary Beth, Kerri, Joanna, and me (notice how I'm vainly trying to block Jo out of the picture) -- poor Sophie and Evie are facing away from the camera

Now only Joanna and Julie remain at PIL. It's pretty amazing to think about how much our lives have changed in the last six years. We've gone from being predominantly unmarried and childless to predominantly married with kids. We all used to work together and gather in a conference room every Thursday at lunchtime to play noisy board games and annoy our coworkers. (Poor Jim!) Now those of us who remain at PIL aren't even in the same building. Life tries to scatter us, but it won't work! The Gamers live on! See you ladies (most of you) for Game Night on Saturday! And get ready to lose, my friends -- I feel a winning streak coming on.

(I shamelessly stole this photo from Julie -- hope you don't mind, Jules!)

7 comments:

Kerri said...

Gamers Forever! We've gone through a lot together (and I'm not just talking about Julie's Win, Lose, or Draw performances). I'm looking forward to many more years of friendship and gaming to come. I'm also looking forward to Saturday even though -- alas -- I can't be there. *SOB*

Nanette said...

Can I come to game night? Sounds like a good time! :)

Rug's Bug said...

I still have the funfetti I won at Game Night last year. Good times. I need a bunch of friends like that around here. Chicago is a little too far for me to travel every Saturday.

Unknown said...

Maybe you have answered this before... what is your favorite board game?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but your drippy, sappy post, though lovely, doesn't exactly make you sound like you'll have that winning edge tomorrow. Move over, Softy...

Wait, why do we love Harry Morgan again?

-Jo

Kelly said...

How to choose just one favorite board game? I don't think I can do it. Some of the main favorites: Catchphrase, Songburst, Apples to Apples, Time's Up, Blurt, Taboo, Guesstures, Teams of Enemies...

This could be an entire post. Hmmm...

Unknown said...

Apples to Apples is the current game of choice at our family get togethers. I think I would like to try something new. I would love to read a post about your favorites.