I think it's perfectly reasonable of me to be a little bit frustrated with my bank right now. It could be worse -- they could refuse to believe me when I say I didn't spend $732.63 at Sears on Monday. They could tell me to suck it and deal with the charges on my own. They're not doing that. So I should be grateful, right?
Now that the charges have cleared and have been deducted from my checking account, I have to jump through the bank's hoops and do a little song and dance for them, and it will still take them 24 to 48 hours to refund my money and remove the overdraft charges. I can understand that the bank needs to protect itself. If it were easy to get the bank to give you refunds every time you say a charge is fraudulent, people would be going out and buying huge plasma TVs and calling the bank the next day to say they've never stepped foot in an electronics store in their life.
But I've had more than $700 missing from my account since Monday, and it's still going to take another day or two to get it back -- maybe the bank has lots of customers for whom that's no big deal, but I'm not one of them!
I seem to remember seeing ads for a bank that refunds your money immediately if your card number has been violated. I need to find out which bank that was. Anyone know?
4 comments:
Ugh. How annoying that it would take that long. You've certainly scared me. I'm considering paying cash for everything now (don't worry the feeling will pass as the laziness kicks in and reaches for my debit card instead).
I don't know the bank, but it seems like something Washington Mutual might do?
It was Chase. Normally, I'm perfectly happy with them, but I'm feeling a little miffed these days.
That is so annoying!
Maybe a credit union, they seem to be more personable....
the same thing happened to me in september, kelly. it was "only" $430 from my account (also chase), and it was spent at a wal-mart in michigan. ridiculous. i share your pain.
Post a Comment