Thursday, December 13, 2007

Not Meant To Be

I report with some sadness that our short-lived experiment in daycare has come to a close. Today was the twins' fifth and last day of daycare. The situation was perfect, and the daycare provider was wonderful. The girls loved it. I was coming to love it, too.

Unfortunately, my main freelance gig, the one that's kept me steadily working for the last two years and the one I was counting on to pay for daycare, has suddenly and unexpectedly evaporated. I now am no longer able to pay for daycare, but since I don't have any work to do, I don't really need it.

The girls really had been thriving at daycare, so I'm disappointed that it didn't work out. Maybe I'll get a fab new freelance job soon and we'll be able to revisit this little experiment. Do you guys know anyone who wants to hire a gifted and talented freelance editor?

4 comments:

Nanette said...

That blows.

Heather said...

I'm sorry.

What Dreams said...

At least you have a system in place for when your free lance work picks back up.
And it will.

Jules said...

That sucks, especially since the girls were enjoying it so much. I hope you, MB, and I all find more work soon!