Monday, November 05, 2007

Sing Me to Heaven

A friendly reminder: The Chicago Chamber Choir's fall concert series approacheth.
"Sing Me to Heaven" is an intimate reflection of humankind’s inevitable journey from this world into the next. This exquisite collection of music explores the fear, mourning, consolation, joy and celebration that accompany our thoughts of death and what lies beyond. Whether your view of this voyage is one of mystery or one of certainty, you’ll be moved, challenged and uplifted by the music of Tavener, Debussy, Barber and Holst; the poetry of Emily Dickinson and King Solomon; and the spirituals of Hall Johnson, AndrĂ© Thomas and Aldophus Hailstork.
You can see Sing Me to Heaven Sunday, Nov. 11, 3:00 pm at Unity Lutheran Church, 5409 N Magnolia in Chicago, or Friday, Nov. 16, 7:30 pm in Lincoln Park. Order your tickets online now!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yay! I can't wait to come to this concert! Okay, maybe it won't be the most uplifting music ever...but I expect that it'll be very moving. I'm so happy I'll be in town that weekend! I'm sad about missing the Christmas concert, though. Do you guys ever make guest appearances in St. Paul?