So this headline caught my attention: Elections Board OKs GOP loyalty oath for presidential primary
Uh, what?? How is that legal? The Virginia GOP is saying that if you want to vote in their primary, you have to commit to voting for their eventual candidate, whoever that might be. I can't imagine they could really enforce that, but the fact that the elections board even approved it is mind-boggling.
What is wrong with politics in this country?
2 comments:
The link didn't work for me, but I'm sure this is unenforceable.
The voting booth is still private.
I'll be anxious to read the article when the link works. We need to do some research on this.
If it's true, it's scary . . . as in "Wave bye-bye to the Constitution" scary.
The Reublican party is apparently scared to death of the other parties. Can you imagine wasting you own primary vote just to "meddle" with the Republican vote? I know people do that, but I wouldn't.
Post a Comment