Friday, November 30, 2007

All's Well

Well, we all survived the twins' first day of daycare. The girls were great, as was to be expected from such outgoing, confident kids. And I managed to keep it together pretty well. I wanted to pick them up three hours early, but I only went 20 minutes early -- that's willpower for you.

I imagine this will get easier for me over time -- the girls are only going two days a week, so they'll still spend most of their time getting in my hair. Having those two days a week to do more freelance work, run errands, go to appointments, have my hair done, etc., will be very nice for my sanity, when I can stop worrying about the twins non-stop.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it was a nervous time for you. I say 20 minutes early is still a great accomplishment and proves that you have incredible willpower. I'm not sure how I would have dealt with the nerves.

What Dreams said...

When I dropped all you guys off for your first day of kindergarten, I was sure you would cry when I left.
Instead, I got the distinct impression you wanted me out of your hair so that you could play with the other kids.
Sniff.
My point is, it's always harder on the parents than it is on the kids.

Nanette said...

And one day, you will even look forward to the two days. :)

Good for you!

Jo said...

I'm with Nanette. They tell me Alejandro will be in preschool school for one hour, once a week next year and I'm already planning my time.

I hope you all get more and more comfortable with the arrangement.

Jules said...

Yay! Glad to hear it went well. :-)

Shannon said...

Congratulations. Only twenty minutes early? You did great.

How To Get Pregnant With Twins said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.