Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What's the difference between a geek and a nerd?

According to this, I'm either a Nerd/Goth or a Stoner/Geek.

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

Here is what I say, and you know what I say is totally definitive...

Nerds -- lovers of books and facts, haters of social skills and personal style -- can also be geeks if they tend toward books about technology, aliens, or complex computer languages. Not all nerds are geeks, though. I have always been considered a big nerd, but I have little to no interest in complicated math programs, just the history of science and literature, so I am not a geek. I've never met a geek who isn't also a nerd, though. It is hard to engage in a dogged pursuit of, say, electronics, without coming across as a bit disconnected from mainstream pop culture. You, my friend, sound like you might have a healthy dollop of both, but the momming and the choice to actually communicate freely with the outside world appears to be balancing you out nicely. IMHO!!

Emily K. said...

also only a nerd would have looked those both up on wikipedia... yes, that would be me :)

Rug's Bug said...

Ummm.. Pretty sure I'm a nerd. Didn't fit into any of the categories though. Sniff. Once again, I'm left out of the "cool" group.

for a different kind of girl said...

what if you're, let's just say, the quiet girl who sits in the back row and doesn't talk much. what would that make you, hypothetically speaking...