Am I a bad mother for letting the girls hang out in their cribs for extended periods of time when they're clearly no longer napping (as if they ever were napping) just so I can surf the web or play World of Warcraft in peace? I mean, they're not sad in there. They're not crying. They're playing with their crib toys and chattering at each other across the room. They like it in there! I'll get them out the minute they start crying!
Is that so bad?
8 comments:
Yes, that's horrible. Absolutely awful. How dare you let them enjoy themselves like that? Jeesh, Kelly -- I may have to report you.
Call DCFS!
Hey Kerri, are you still pregnant? What's the holdup??
You are absolutely not a bad mother. Children need to learn to play by themselves and entertain themselves. Remember when you were older, how much you enjoyed being alone in your room and reading a book, or writing, or doing whatever you wanted to do?
It would not be good if Evie & Sophie thought Mommy had to enternain them every single minute.
I (GASP) put you in a play pen from time to time so that I could go to the bathroom without worrying about you sticking your fingers in an electrical outlet. I don'te think it damaged you too much.
Some of my best video of the crib years is those times after their name when they are sitting in there chatting it up with each other. Too cute. I have this one video where they are pointing the animals out on their blankets, if they didn't know the name, they would just make the sound.
Hi! (I bopped over from a comment you made on rsm-hope you don't mind) Of course you are not a bad mother...I just consider it part of the good fortune of having twins (I have b/g twins)--it is just a reward for all of the sleep you lost when they were tiny. I do the same thing still to this day.
Oh...and 'up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun wandering free, wish I could be part of that world'...could I interest you in a duet ;)
Hey, Nanette, sign me up for that duet any time!! Now I'll be singing that song to the girls all day -- it's a good thing they like The Little Mermaid.
And just to be clear on this, when I said I want to "surf the web or play World of Warcraft in peace," I actually meant "clean house and catch up on freelance work in peace." Just to be clear.
Of course, Kelly, of course. We all just assumed that was a typo.
Post a Comment