I found this Middle East geography quiz to be an interesting and enlightening challenge. I got a string of eight or so countries with not much trouble, but then I was stumped. (I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't get Iraq on my first try.) How about you? (Thanks to Julie for sharing this quiz with me.)
13 comments:
I was actually quite proud of myself because I got 4 or 5 right before I realized the arrow made an x when you were wrong. I thought I was just guessing the whole time.
I did get Israel, Lebanon, Palastine, Egypt, Iraq, and Kuwait.
It's sad that out of all those countries I'm proud that I got those few correct.
What's even sadder is that I'd never do that well on all 50 states, and I wouldn't get a single Canadian provence right.
P.S.
I'm glad you got my beauty and your father's brains.
Oh my, that was embarrassing. I didn't do so hot.
I started off strong but then devolved into an embarassing period of "Isn't Yemen in Africa?" and a flurry of wrong guessing at the -stans.
And I also got Iraq wrong on the first try but was at least gratified that I did as well as I did on the quiz because of listening to the news from Israel, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Who knew I was learning something? I thought NPR just gave me stuff to talk about at dinner parties.
I had no idea that Qatar and Bahrain are islands. You learn something new every day! I've gone back and done the quiz a few more times -- I keep thinking that if I do it over and over again, I'll actually remember where some of these countries are. On my fourth attempt, I've got all of the middle countries from Egypt to Pakistan, but most of Africa and most of the -stans are a mystery to me still.
If only I could find Lebanon City!
Here's another fun geography quiz:
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_experiment_drag-drop_Intermed_State15s_500.html
You have to drag and drop US states onto a blank map. Challenging, but fun. I find that how well I do depends on the order in which it gives me the states (the order changes every time). If you start out with lots of border states, it's easier.
I haven't attempted yet. I'm sure it will be just awful when I do. Rugg is MUCH better at the geography stuff than me. However, I can spot money errors a lot faster than him. His boss hates me. I can tell a problem with his check just by him giving me the total. Then I go in and ask to have it fixed .. ..... :) Don't mess with a bookkeeper.
States quiz results: 76% with the avg error being 61 miles.
I would do better with placing names in a pre-outlined map... sniff
I just got 86% with an average error of 28 miles on the states quiz. I feel like I should be able to do better than that.
And for our Canadian friends:
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/canada_G1_drag_drop.html
The same game, except for Canadian provinces. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll crash and burn.
Woohoo! I got a perfect score on the provinces. I didn't realize how much you Canadians have those coastlines working to your advantage.
crap. i can't even ID all 50 US States...
"If only I could find Lebanon City!" You, Ms. Kelly, are a wench.
And I am a geography genius! I got 90 percent with 16 miles. I knew it was going to go well when they started with my home state of Ohio and didn't throw all those tiny New England states at me so soon. But who the heck knew Rhode Island was there? What's is doing there??
Post a Comment