Over the last few days, both girls have been experimenting with calling me "Kelly." I was a little shocked when they figured out the fact that I go by names other than "Mommy," but they are a smart couple of girls.
Every now and then, one of the twins will pause what she's doing, look at me with a sly smile (as if to say she's discovered my dark, dirty secret), point at me boldly, and declare, "Kelly!" (Or, rather, something along the lines of "Keh-wee!")
Naturally, I refuse to acknowledge or respond to these declarations and pay the girls no mind until they switch back to calling me "Mommy." This phase will pass. It will. Won't it?
3 comments:
I don't recall that ever happenning with you guys. I don't think you knew my name was Joan until you were 10.
Oh well, they know who you are no matter what they call you.
Love
Mom
My kids have done this a few times too. I have friends who think it's no big deal, let their kids switch it up every now and then, but I guess I'm a traditionalist because my response is as follows:
My name's Mama. Now, what were you saying?
Just so they don't start calling you "Sally".
Post a Comment