Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kelly's Really Long Vacation Post

Below, find many more pictures than you really wanted to see of our trip to the Oregon coast for the twins' birthday.


First things first: After a long flight, the girls experience their first-ever Happy Meals.


Next, the family visits the Portland Rose Garden before the three-hour drive to Newport/Waldport.


Evie just loves to smell the roses.


A quick stop at the Japanese Tea Gardens. (This is before we saw the "Keep off the Grass" sign.)


What can be so fascinating, you ask?


Only giant koi fish, of course.


Not the picture I intended to take.


Grandpa Norm gives us a tour of Newport.


Sophie feels strongly about citrus.


Hanging out with Grandpa Norm and Tiffeny.


Boat trip on the bay with Grandpa Norm and Tiffeny, courtesy of Fast Eddie.


Sophie barking at the sea lions.


Evie barking at the sea lions.


Finger painting with Tiffeny.


Evie, the human paintbrush.


Evie checks in with Uncle David while enjoying some french toast.


At the Oregon Coast Aquarium with Grandma Jan.


Sharing flowers with Grandma Jan.


Hanging out on the beach:


Check the twins' blog for even more pics, as if you're not bored to tears.

9 comments:

Mary Beth said...

What a wonderful trip! Love the pics! Not too many for my taste!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Reminds me of the beach back home. Looks like you had a great trip. BTW Thanks for you kind words on my blog.

What Dreams said...

Wish we were there too!

Heather said...

They look like they loved the Roses. I remember we had a great time there too.

Heather said...

By the way, Happy Early Birthday Click! Hope it is wonderful!

Nanette said...

I love the pictures! Did they really want you to stay off of the lawn at the gardens--that annoys me, what good is a lawn if you can't play on it?

Thanks for the good mail, I loved the card and am very impressed with your new talent. :)

for a different kind of girl said...

It looks like you had an amazing adventure!

And as I shuffle off to ponder *not* doing fast food for lunch, I commend your resiliant power at not giving the girls Happy Meals for the first two years of their lives!

Isaura said...

i love the pics of your little girls! i love twins and wouldn't mind having me a set one day :)

Jules said...

It looks like you had a lovely time out west! Those photos of the girls on the beach are great--not exactly sunbathing weather, it seems. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!