Sunday, June 24, 2007

One Year Later

On June 24, 2006, my family said goodbye to Puck, the greatest dog who ever walked the Earth.

This beautiful dog was just begging to be a model.


When Pepper joined our pack, Puck wasn't sure what to make of her. But she did occasionally make a good playmate.


Me and Puck, circa 2003.


Such a pretty face.


Always on duty, keeping pesky squirrels and birds at bay.


Although he was generally quite serious, Puck had a playful side.


Puck was protective of the twins from the second they came in the door.


Julie took this picture of us just two days before Puck died. He must have been in a great deal of discomfort and even pain, and we had no idea.

Puck, I miss you too much for words to express.

14 comments:

Rug's Bug said...

So sad. Puck was a great dog. I'm not sure he wanted me touching his babies at first, but by the end of the week we had an understanding.

He was a beautiful boy.

What Dreams said...

The last time we came to visit we really felt the big hole where Puck should be. I didn't say anything, because I knew it wouldn't help.
We all miss him, we always will.

Kerri said...

You'll be fondly remembered by more than just your parents, Puck. I can't believe it's been a year since you've suspiciously watched me playing with the twin puppies.

for a different kind of girl said...

how beautiful he was!

Nanette said...

I'm so sorry, Puck was a beautiful boy. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Puck was beautiful and he adored you. You were his world.

Jules said...

Puck really was a great dog, and I'm sure you still ache with missing him. Great photos, Kel. A very nice tribute.

Mary Beth said...

:( So tough. I know it's hard for you to talk about losing Puck. This was a really nice tribute.

Jo said...

I can only imaagine how much you guys miss him, but I know--we all do---how much you loved him. A very nice post, for a spectacular friend.

Isaura said...

AWWW sorry to hear about Puck, he looked like a sweet boy. Its hard to lose animals, I don't like to think about not having my little Buster around.

Heather said...

I remember meeting Puck in Greeley. He and Jack had a special relationship. We miss him too.

airanw said...

He was the best. I remember spilling spaghetti sauce all over his head one dinner (he didn't start off with the best dinner manners, lol). His head was colored red for days. Thankfully he never held it against me. :)

What Dreams said...

Click, Kelly should tell you about Willie and Dad's birthday cake.
These dogs leave such big holes in our lives when we lose them, but they give us wonderful memories.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it has been a year. Cheers to Puck. One great dog.