Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Holiday Gift Guide

I've seen lots of holiday gift guides on the web lately. I think I'm uniquely qualified to put together a list that should be useful to most (if not all!) of you, a compilation of gift suggestions for a very special person with specific tastes and preferences. You guessed it: This is My Guide to Buying Gifts for Me! I hope you all put it to good use.

Gifts to Buy Me for Less than $10


Seriously, you can't shell out any more than that for me? Fine. This
will do nicely, thank you very much. (Baby, it's cold outside. But hopefully it's at least 170 degrees F inside that pork roast!)

Less than $20


Doesn't every editor need
this shirt? And every blogger needs this one.

And the ultimate in
fromage -- my mouth waters just thinking about it.

Less than $30

Chocolate. What more do I have to say?

Less than $40

If you're at all interested in strategy board games, you'll pick this one up for yourself, too.

Less than $50


I need layers to make it through a Chicago winter.

Less than $70

Don't these look cozy?

Less than $90


These should look fab on my curvy hips. Size 8, please.

Less than $200

I have a family to feed, people!

And every girl needs some
bling.

$25,000 or more


It's not for me -- it's for
the kids! The old Focus wagon just doesn't have the cargo space I need.

Okay, that should be enough to get you started. Happy shopping!

(Unbeknownst to me when writing this post, Shannon tagged me with a Dear Santa meme. I'm thrilled to note that I fulfilled the requirements of the meme without even knowing I was doing it! That's efficiency for you.)

8 comments:

Nanette said...

Please choose a color for the new car so that I may have it delivered by Saturday ;)

If I could, I would buy it all for you and wrap it with a giant red bow! I couldn't see the bling, red envelope site kept giving an error, but I'm sure it is spectacular. :)

Kelly said...

Midnight blue pearl for the Odyssey, please!

I think the bling link is working now...

for a different kind of girl said...

You have very diverse and spectacular tastes! If you like, I'll buy you the editor tshirt if you pick one up for me, as well!

Rug's Bug said...

Hey, can you add that thermometer to my list as well? Imagine my surprise when I found out two days before Thanksgiving that the battery was dead in mine. Not just any battery, mind you. It's some miniscule little thing. I'm thinking replacing it will be a pain.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the chocolates. This list totally counts for fulfilling the meme. You are efficient!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is so weird. I was just thinking to myself that I need to get on igourmet (I am totally serious... used them last year) and order that roquefort for my dad (I know... odd request... the only thing he asks for each year, besides slippers) when I pulled up your blog and started going through your list of gifts. Talk about weird. Got him a whole basket last year of all kinds of stuff and he LOVED it. But loved the roquefort the most.

Scribbit said...

What? Your ceiling is $25,000? Why stop there? :)

Kelly said...

It's $25,000 or more, Scribbit. The sky's the limit.