This is crappy, but your dad and I survived absences of up to 9 months, and he was getting Navy pay. Hopefully, Airan will be making big enough bucks that he can fly home on weekends. I bet you guys will be Skyping a lot.
Oh, I can't imgagine doing the single parenting thing for the chunk of time you'll be doing it! Four day has been, to some extent, a cake walk. Even when the kids made me feel kind of sad when they spent a chunk of last night saying how it felt like "Dad's been gone FOREVER (throwing bodies to the floor for effect!)!! When is he EVER coming home?"
He'd been gone one entire day at that point.
Sigh.
I wish (to some degree) I could leave for a reprieve upon his return and see how they react to my absence!
Well, if this trip wasn't hard enough, Sophie's new, consistent use of the phrase "I miss you" while talking to me on the phone is killing me. I miss you guys too. :)
Click, I know it brings tears to your eyes when Sophie says "I miss you,) but it's better for her if she can talk about it. Besides, how would you feel if she didn't miss you?
6 comments:
This is crappy, but your dad and I survived absences of up to 9 months, and he was getting Navy pay.
Hopefully, Airan will be making big enough bucks that he can fly home on weekends.
I bet you guys will be Skyping a lot.
Oh, I can't imgagine doing the single parenting thing for the chunk of time you'll be doing it! Four day has been, to some extent, a cake walk. Even when the kids made me feel kind of sad when they spent a chunk of last night saying how it felt like "Dad's been gone FOREVER (throwing bodies to the floor for effect!)!! When is he EVER coming home?"
He'd been gone one entire day at that point.
Sigh.
I wish (to some degree) I could leave for a reprieve upon his return and see how they react to my absence!
Good luck to you!!
It's an especially tough time of year to be single parenting. Wanna move in with us for the month?
Well, if this trip wasn't hard enough, Sophie's new, consistent use of the phrase "I miss you" while talking to me on the phone is killing me. I miss you guys too. :)
Click, I know it brings tears to your eyes when Sophie says "I miss you,) but it's better for her if she can talk about it.
Besides, how would you feel if she didn't miss you?
Hey Kel! Ugh--that's a long time for Airan to be away! I hope you and the girls are doing all right.
Post a Comment