Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An Open Letter to L'Oreal Paris

Dear L'Oreal Paris,

I purchased your L'Oreal Superior Preference Fade-Defying Color & Shine System in 8G Golden Blonde, looking forward to the promised eight weeks of true color. However, use of your product resulted in something less like 8G Golden Blonde and more like 75R Raggedy Ann. Thus, I'm wondering just how iron-clad this eight-week promise is. Can we negotiate? Because, really, I'm willing to let you out of your contract early.

Sincerely,
Kelly

9 comments:

What Dreams said...

I once used L'oreal Feria, and it turned my hair PURPLE. I looked like a middle-aged punk rocker.
It washed out to ash blond in about a week, and to brassy blond in about 2 weeks.
I try to stay with Champaign or ash, and it always looks a little purple for the first few days.
What ever you do, don't dye your hair again for at least a couple of weeks, because despite their guaruntees, that stuff always fades a little.
BTW, why didn't you post a picture? It looks like your Halloween costume is almost done.

sue said...

Uh oh.

Pop pop said...

What's wrong with red?

Rug's Bug said...

I hate the search for a decent hair color. I stay away from the "goldens" because that usually means "orange" for me.

Since our natural hair color is very similar, I found that L'Oreal Feria works the best for me. I can't remember the last color name I used, but I'll find out.

Emily K. said...

I have naturally reddish brown hair, which according to ho-made dye kits always lands me with some sort of deep burgandy hue. Usually I'm just after a straight brown, but you know those hair people speak a different language. "A little trim" can often mean "six inches off with dramatic layers" and "blow dry it straight" often means "I want to look like Farrah Fawcett." Sigh.

Heather said...

You could go natural... I would really like to see a pic.

Heather said...

You would look great with red hair too.

Nanette said...

I hate that! I haven't found a single one that matches the results on the box...it could be that I'm also expecting to look like the model on the box, but give me a break.

Shannon said...

Mine never looks like the color pictured on the box. It does fade though. I speak from several experiences in which "Darkest Brown" should have read "Goth Black."