
This was going to be a rant about the bill I received from the hospital today (see above). However, when I called the hospital's billing department to rant and rave and threaten legal action, I was denied delivery of my carefully scripted tirade. (Imagine it: "You don't really want me calling every local news station in town and telling them about how you endangered my adorable, photogenic two-year-old's life, do you?") The helpful and friendly woman on the other end of the line insisted that no, no, this account has a $0 balance, no balance due, nothing to pay. And she would not elaborate further. Huh. I guess the hospital is smarter than I thought.
5 comments:
Then why did they send you a bill that showed a balance due?
Be careful, I've had St. Mary's hospital everything was cool and all paid up, then two months later they turned us over for collection on a bill we didn't know was outstanding.
I think we're safe. On further evaluation, we discovered that the "insurance" billed is listed as the hospital's "RISK EV," whatever that means. My guess is "Risk that angry parents of endangered child will sue," most likely. Looks like they aren't billing us or our insurance. I just don't understand why the sent us a statement at all.
how bizarre they'd send you a statement! You'd think something like that would have been flagged and not sent out. Either way, however, I'm glad they're sucking that in and not tormenting you with the responsibility of it.
Maybe they just wanted you to see that they are going to great expense to avoid being sued by you. Or it could be their way of saying "Happy Halloween. Did we scare you?"
I'm darn glad that you didn't have to pay that bill. Although, the tirade would've been a little fun, wouldn't it? Some days I long to have a good ol' fashioned temper tantrum.
Post a Comment