Ah, Morning Nap. Must we part ways so soon? Everyone told me you wouldn't stick around forever. I knew the day would come when you'd abandon us. I'm just not ready to let you go.
Everyone tells you when you have a newborn (or two) in the house to sleep when they sleep. If they're napping, you nap. I took that advice to heart, Morning Nap. Every time you showed up, the whole house took advantage of it. Even long after the girls started sleeping through the night and I was actually getting plenty of rest -- still I clung to you. Every morning, while you held the twins in your sweet embrace, I too would steal precious moments of somnolescence.
Now that you're gone, you've left me alone with Afternoon Nap -- and just between you and me, he's not that reliable. I never know when he's going to show up or how long he'll stay. I just can't count on him. (That said, the day Afternoon Nap leaves us, I'll fear for my sanity. At that point, I can start shipping the girls off to preschool, right?)
Rest in peace, Morning Nap. I wish I could.
1 comment:
When the twins were small, we had them on a very strict napping schedule. Although, we all got up at 3 a.m. to go to work. Daddy included. Everyone was ready to nap by 10 a.m.
The 3rd boy refused to nap from the minute he was born. Was not going to have a schedule NO MATTER WHAT! Oh how I longed for the structured nap days.
I feel for ya girl.
Post a Comment