The Latest Cake Project
For David's birthday today, I made a mille crepes cake (using this recipe from my favorite food blog, Smitten Kitchen). I didn't put my decorating skills to work on this one -- how exactly do you decorate a mille crepes cake? I tried to sprinkle sugar on top and caramelize it with a culinary torch, as the recipe suggests, but it didn't really work. The sugar didn't caramelize fast enough, and the top layer was starting to scorch. In the end, with that sparkly sugar on top of an otherwise beige cake, it ends up looking a lot like a sesame-seed bun:
The side view is a bit more attractive, if rather sloppy:
But the inside is what looks really cool:
Oh, and it tasted pretty decent, too.
3 comments:
That looks yummy! Happy Birthday Davey-Wavey!
I am so, so sad not to be there to enjoy your cakes in person! Although the photos alone are pretty delicious.
Beautiful!
Post a Comment