
Pros: It's a lovely, lightweight skirt with sexy slits up the side, and it's floor-length, so I don't have to worry about my ugly bird legs. Cons: It's a bit snug. Also, kind of boring. Not really that sexy, despite the slits.Bottom #2: The knee-length flippy black skirt.

Pros: Cute, fun, flippy. Cons: Also snug, and it shows off the lower, uglier half of the aforementioned bird legs.Bottom #3: The jersey-knit black pants, complete with elastic waist band.
So comfortable.Top #1: The purple-blue see-through flowy top.
It's hard to see the color in this pic -- it's kind of an iridescent purple-periwinkle. Pros: Won't show off the roll of fat around my midsection. Cons: I have no fashion sense, but something inside me tells me this isn't really what the cool kids are wearing. And yet, I like it.Top #2: The flowery button-up.
It's a lovely, light material, perfect for summer. However, something about the flower print says "80-year-old woman" to me.Dress #1: Red Velvet.
So fun. Lovely black-red velvet. Shows off those legs, though. And I wore it with a black jacket to Charlie Trotter's on our sixth anniversary, so I feel like I should go with something different.Dress #2: Clingy black strappy thang.
Seriously sexy. Shows off the rack, which is the only good physical feature I have left. Lovely with the pretty blue wrap I picked up in Hawaii. However, as its title states, this dress is clingy. All the new curves I've packed on lately will be on display for the world to see, and all the pretty blue wraps in the world won't help me. Maybe if I starve myself between now and Wednesday...Dress #3: Black linen strappy thang.
A decent building-block dress. Needs to be coupled with something, like that blue wrap, or maybe the purple-blue top (unless we've decided it's too unfashionable). Kind of boring, but maybe we could spice it up a bit. And the good news: it doesn't cling, so I can hide away a few of those extra pounds.I'm sad to report that those are my best options. This task is beginning to seem hopeless. I think I need to just go out and buy a new wardrobe. Anyone want to nominate me for "What Not to Wear" so I can get that $5,000 wardrobe budget?And what on earth I'll be doing with my hair -- that's a whole 'nother post. (I'm considering shaving my head; I think bald would be a good look for me.)
9 comments:
I like the black strappy thing with the see through jacket/shirt thing.
What you didn't show us was accessories. Everyone knows! Accessories, accessories, accessories.
As for hair... you're asking the wrong person. If I have to do more than blow dry and maybe curl the bangs, forget it. I almost can't remember the days when I carefully curled every piece of my stick straight hair into a perfect curl.
Now I blow dry the grey ones straight. Go figure.
I need to clarify. The flowy black linen strappy thing. I also like the little grey flirty skirt. I'm just not sure of the top. As for bird legs... that's what nylons and high heels are for, dear.
Ixnay on the cotton knit pants and the floral shirt. I like the long black skirt and the sheer shirt. Got a black tank to go underneath?
9 years, huh? That is awesome. I think you deserve a new dress. Don't be afraid to shop because you are 10 pounds heavier than you want to be. Like they say on 'What no to Wear', "dress for the body you have today".
Oh, by the way, you aren't a cool kid anymore. You are an adult woman with an adult life and adult responsibilities. Being an adult woman means you don't have to be a slave to teenage trends, which are mostly cheap looking and unflattering for a woman who has had children.
Are you starting to feel a little sorry you asked?
Don't forget the black strappy sandals and funky jewelery with your outfit.
You were totally standing on the kitchen table to take those photos, huh?
RB, that's funny because it's true.
I notice Airan hasn't weighed in. Have you decided on something to wear?
Get some Spanx or Nancy Ganz and go with the slinky, girlfriend! You know we all love those hooters, so show them off!
And if the foundation garments aren't there, who cares about a little, tiny roll of fat? (Remember I've _seen_ you, so don't try to pretend it's anything bigger than that.)
Post a Comment