Saturday, July 19, 2008

How could Neil Patrick Harris be Horrible?

I want to discuss Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, specifically Act III. If you haven't watched it yet, GO NOW. It will no longer be free after midnight tomorrow.

Spoilers in comment thread.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Loved part I. LOVED LOVED part II. But part III just left me sad and depressed and wanting a different resolution. I mean, I get it. We watched the birth of a truly evil supervillian, and we saw what exactly made him jump all the way into Evil. But that's not how I wanted the story to go!! I wanted Dr. Horrible to continue his charmingly evil-like but harmless escapades, winning Penny's heart along the way. I wanted a Happily Ever After! I didn't want Penny dead and Dr. Horrible an acknowledged Evil Bad Dude.

There must be more to the story. They must give us more! Dr. Horrible will invent a time machine, go back in time, and save Penny's life, saving himself in the process. And they will sing a heart-wrenching duet and all will be right with the world. Or something.

Purrl's mom too said...

I also hope for the time travel solution. But remembering how dark the story line on "Buffy" could get, I just don't know. The music is cute and the lyrics are amusing. It sort of reminds me of the musical "Buffy" (check out the music and lyrics at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL0xN1R7qw
or "youtube musical Buffy"). You have to to watch it a couple of times to catch everything people are singing during the duets or group numbers. Remember Kelly, Spike was a super bad vampire, but he ultimately made the final sacrifice to save the world from the "Ubervamps" when Buffy and the all new slayers cadre went into Hell to battle against evil. I'm hoping Josh Whedon's flair for plot twists will compensate us for our anguish over Dr. Horrible's rise to Evil. After all, he achieved his goal of becoming truly Evil and now will have to learn it's not a good thing to get every thing you wish for in life. Take heart.