Obviously, it's not at all surprising that the president decided to commute "Scooter" Libby's sentence, and I think we all know a pardon is right around the corner. But what do republicans make of this situation? What do supporters of our president, all 29% of them, say to justify this to themselves? What makes it okay for the president and his cronies to be above the law? I'd really love to know.
4 comments:
I think it's rotten apples that Bush commuted Scooter's sentence. He was convicted. He did the crime. If he was a poor black man on the streets of D.C. surely he would've carried out the complete sentence.
Republicans say that "Bill Clinton did it. So can we." Clinton used it in regard to his private life. Bush is using it as a tool for revenge against Joseph Wilson. I just don't think that he really sees what he has done. Not only was Valerie Plame in mortal danger, but the people who worked with her were/are in mortal danger. Putting your own people in danger because of a grudge is treasonous. He is trying to protect himself.
Just what do you mean by "CRONie"? I resemble that remark.
And I expect he will pardon him at the end of his administration. Very un-Ceorge Bush-like.
Still there is something below the belt when you are mad at the husband to go after the wife. Sounds like we have a brunch of four year olds running the country.
But I have always believed Cheney has post pump psychosis. Look at the way his mouth is not symmetrical.
Post a Comment