
Today, I need your help.
I love Alton Brown. I love, love, love him. I'm a little bit obsessed with him. If I weren't married and he weren't married and Jon Stewart had rejected me horribly and I needed strong arms to comfort me and cook comfort food for me, AB would be my first choice.
(Obviously, this is a fantasy scenario. I am quite happily married. AB is married -- I can't vouch for the level of happiness in his marriage, however. Jon Stewart would never reject me, because the minute we met, assuming I weren't married and he weren't married, he would know that he was cosmically destined to be utterly devoted to me for all eternity. But suspend your disbelief for me, would you?)
Mr. Brown recently redesigned his Web site. It's been a pretty bare-bones site for a good, long time now. Months. I shan't complain. The site is pretty, and I'm sure AB has enough on his hands these days. However, the new site does not appear to include a Rants and Raves section, as AB's old site did. I loved his Rants and Raves! AB once wrote on his Rants and Raves page about how, if he were forced to choose only one food to eat for the rest of his life, he would choose cheese. And that was when I knew that AB was very nearly the fondest desire of my heart, right on the heels of Mr. Jon Stewart (who plays a distant second, of course, to dear, sweet, long-suffering Airan).
I've been trying to email AB to find out whether he plans to include R&R on his new site, but I'm not having much luck. AB doesn't post an email address on his new site, and my attempts to guess at what his email address might be have been unsuccessful thus far. If anyone out there knows AB's address, please pass it along.
UPDATE: AB's site now includes a section called Knowledge, which seems to take the place of his old Rants and Raves. I approve.
2 comments:
I don't know what his old site looked like, but the current site looks great. As a stamper and a scrapbooker, I am loving it. Who ever is doing the design, needs a pay raise.
I used my best web searching skills to look for AB's email address when you first posted this. .... NADA.
I'm wondering how the rest of us can't help but having our home phone numbers and addresses, not to mention our email addresses all over the internet. Yet all these famous people manage to be pretty much transparent. Could someone explain how that works?
Post a Comment